The ultimate guide to Crankworx Whistler 2022
First off, Crankworx Whistler would like to acknowledge that it is grateful to be on the shared, unceded territory of the Lil’wat People, known in their language as Lil̓wat7úl, and the Squamish People, known in their language as Sḵwx̱ wú7mesh.
Friends, we are thrilled to be welcoming you to Whistler, the place where Crankworx was born and the place that Crankworx has called home for the past 19 years.
Are you planning to join us in 2022? We are stoked to have you, and can’t wait to share all that is Crankworx Whistler with you this year.
To help you make the most of your time, this is your handy guide to all things Crankworx Whistler.
So, read up, take note, get stoked, and get ready to dive in.
- 10: days of Crankworx racing and contests from the place where it all began, Whistler, B.C.
- 8: pro events, bringing the best mountain bikers in the world to the Whistler Mountain Bike Park.
- 6 Kidsworx competitions for the mini-shredders to get in on the action.
- 9 (and counting!) FREE participatory events and athlete signings to get amongst.
- 2 film and video competitions.
- 11 (and counting!) after-parties.
- 53 exhibitors in the Crankworx Whistler Expo, showcasing the latest and greatest from the mountain bike industry, including 7Mesh, Maxxis, SRAM, and Specialized.
- 5 events live and on demand on Red Bull TV.
- 9 hours of live coverage on Red Bull TV.
Crankworx Whistler is the busiest time of the year in the resort, so plan ahead and leave extra time to make sure you don’t miss out!
Crankworx Whistler racing and events take place throughout Whistler. Some key places include:
- Whistler Mountain Bike Park: Red Bull Joyride, RockShox Canadian Open DH, Official Whip-Off World Championships presented by POC, Crankworx Whistler Air DH, EWS Whistler
- Base 2 on Blackcomb Mountain: Specialized Dual Slalom Whistler, Ultimate Pump Track Challenge, CLIF Speed & Style Whistler
- Whistler Olympic Plaza: Dirt Diaries presented by SWATCH, Deep Summer Photo Challenge
Be sure to check the RMOW parking site for the location of all parking lots in Whistler – Parking Map: Parking Map
Day Lot 2 will not be available for parking, as they will be home to the Crankworx Tech and Demo Zones. With that in mind, Lots 1, 3, 4, and 5 will be extra busy!
The Excalibur gondola (which joins Day Lots 6 and 7 on Blackcomb Mountain to Whistler Village) will be running during Crankworx. Parking in this area is free! This gondola will also enable you to access the action at Base 2 from Whistler Village. The gondola will be running on the following days/hours:
- Saturday, August 6: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 7: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 8: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10: 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 12: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 13: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 14: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For details on all pro events, Kidsworx competitions, after-parties, and more, stay tuned to: https://www.crankworx.com/festival/whistler/
Start List and Results
Want to know who’s dropping in, and what time? Or check in to see exact times for your favourite riders? Start lists and results are available here: https://www.crankworx.com/results/start-lists/
Events, Happenings and Parties
Daily pro racing is what attracts the eyeballs of the world to Crankworx Whistler, but what makes this event the ultimate is all the happenings that enable festival-goers to truly be a part of it. Giveaways and athlete signings at booths that line the Village Stroll for the Crankworx Expo. Free workshop offered by bike and component brands. Community trail days. And après sessions, and a party or two (ok, a few more than two). Highlights in 2022 include the return of the Adaptive MTB Jam Session, an opportunity for riders with varying mobility to experience mountain biking, Wednesday night’s rap show at Garfinkel’s featuring LIL MOINE, aka all-star Slopestyle mountain biker Tomas Lemoine, a community dig day with Freehub Trailworx presented by Soil Searching, and the Red Bull Joyride Official Afterparty feat Aminé @ Whistler Conference Centre.
Insider tip: Check the link above daily! New events are added throughout the festival.
Official 2022 Crankworx Whistler merchandise will be available in Mountain Square in Whistler Village, and is available for purchase online: https://ilabb.ca/collections/crankworx
Crankworx From Home
Crankworx Whistler will be live on Red Bull TV. So, if you’re not able to get into the action on site, follow along from home (and start planning your trip for next year).
It’s time, friends. Join us in celebrating all things mountain bike, get stoked alongside the world’s best riders, and help welcome Crankworx Whistler home.