Started in: 2010
First pro winners: Mitch Ropelato (USA) and Jill Kintner (USA)
2019 pro winners: Tommy Zula (USA) and Jill Kintner (USA)
Whistler Bike Park Trails: Crankworx Pump Track in the Boneyard, base of Whistler Mountain
The Pump Track sees two riders line up head-to-head and drop into a maze of berms and rollers, each racing to cross the finish line first. The catch? No pedaling allowed.
Chains off. Game on.
Strength, momentum and skill are the name of the game in this arena where pedal-less power reigns supreme and a single mistake can cost the victory.
The Licensed Zone is open to the public and offers BBQ and beer. Please do not bring your dogs, bikes or parrots. They will not be permitted through the gates.
- Time trial qualifiers format: A combined time of one run from each of the dual courses will be taken. Time permitting, riders will have the option to do one rerun of either of their two runs. If, for whatever reason, a rider elects to do a rerun, that run time will count, regardless of whether the previous time was better.
- Top 32 men and top 8 women advance to the elimination finals. Riders will be seeded for the dual elimination finals based on the time trial results.
- Bikes must be chainless
- Minimum 26-inch wheels
- Full-face helmets are mandatory; any certified 1 or 2-piece
- A maximum differential will be established, calculated as 10 per cent of the average seeding run time. A rider may lose a run by no more than the maximum differential.
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the last run is the overall winner of the heat
Designed and built by Joyride Bike Parks. Course is located at Base II (the Coca-Cola Tube Park during winter operations). Access is via Excalibur Gondola or by car. Parking lot 8 is open for parking.