UPDATES FOR CRANKWORX
While we’re expecting sun, we’ve had to make a few schedule changes, due to this week’s inclement weather.
- We will aim to have the Rowi st and Upper Field Car Parks reopened tomorrow.
- Waikite club rooms will be shut for Crankworx partners and athletes.
- We are currently looking at alternate options.
- Gates to open at 9.30am instead of 10am
- Crankworx Rotorua Downhill presented by iXS will take place tomorrow with a revised format
- 8am-9am Juniors and Pros Training
- 9.30am-11.30am Junior and Pro Race
- 12pm-1pm Amateur Practice
- 1.30pm-3pm Amateur Race.
- Crankworx Rotorua Slopestyle will also take place tomorrow
- 9am- 1pm Morning meeting for athletes and practice
- 3.30pm- 6pm Slopestyle Webcast
- Crankworx Rotorua Air Downhill
- 10.30am-11.30am Air DH Hot Run
- 12.pm- 1.30pm Air DH non webcast finals
- 1.30pm-3.30pm Air DH Webcast Finals
We have buses!
Rotorua Lakes Council has set up seven Crankworx bus stops around Rotorua and there will be two buses driving the route, with a maximum wait time of 60 mins, with no set times.
The bus services will run from 12pm – 8pm today and from 12pm – 10pm Friday, with Saturday and Sunday services determined tomorrow.
Signs with the Crankworx logo and ‘drop-off/pick-up” have been placed at each bus stop point, and buses will be identified with large Crankworx logos in the windows. One bus has mobility access for wheelchairs, the other bus just has a low step, which is suitable for children, elderly etc.
The bus stops are:
- Kawaha Point Road (near cycleway)
- Koutu Road (near Karenga Park)
- Ranolf Street – Opp Kuirau Park (near Arawa St Roundabout)
- Hinemaru Street (Te Runanga Tea Rooms)
- Puarenga Park (Near MIGS Gymnastics)
- Fenton Street (near Marguerita Street roundabout)
- Burger King
- Amohia Street (Mitre 10 Mega)
- Tarewa Road (near Aquatic Centre)
The intention is to utilise existing bus stop stands.
A quick note on dogs: Only working dogs, for those with disabilities, will be allowed on site. We love our canine companions in mountain biking, but sometimes pets and crowds don’t mix.
LOCALS DAY EXTENDS TO THURSDAY 30 MARCH, DUE TO WEATHER
- To protect the safety of everyone on site today, the upper car parking will be closed. The weather has left the area unfit for driving. Please respect the directions our onsite parking coordinators are giving. And give them a high-five for helping save your car!
- Rotorua Lakes council has pitched in to help in a major way! There will shuttles coming in from seven locations throughout town today to ensure no one has to drive to Skyline Gravity Park. Please stay tuned as we will release the schedule on our weather updates page shortly.
- Love the pump track? Come back for tomorrow night’s doubleheader under the lights. We’re running the pump track tonight, so if you planned on a Friday night under the lights at Skyline Gravity Park with some pump track action, plan for a doubleheader instead! We’ll be running one of our best evening’s in its place, a Mons Royale Dual Speed & Style and Official Oceania Whip-Off Championships presented by SPANK double bill. Don’t miss it!
Help us save our site. Please keep your vehicles off the grass. Heavy rains have eliminated all traction and we will ruin the grass and your car will get stuck. Thanks so much!
FRIDAY 31 MARCH, 2017
9am – 12:30pm Mons Royale Dual Speed and Style Training
12:30pm – 2pm Mons Royale Dual Speed and Style Qualifying
2:30pm – 5:50pm Mons Royale Dual Speed and Style Training
2:30pm – 3:50pm Mons Royale Dual Speed and Style Non-Webcast Finals
5pm – 7pm Mons Royale Dual Speed and Style Webcast Finals
7:30pm – 9pm Official Oceania Whip-Off Championships presented by SPANK
Note: the Crankworx Rotorua Air DH, previously rescheduled to today, is presently rescheduled to Saturday. Please stay tuned.
The Official Oceania Whip-Off Championships presented by Spank has been postponed to Friday March 31 7:30pm -9pm.