Crankworx Whistler racing and events take place throughout Whistler. Some key places include:
- Lower Whistler Mountain Events (Skiers Plaza – bottom of the Whistler Mountain Bike Park): Red Bull Joyride -> Spectators have the option to view competitions from Skier’s Plaza or to hike up the mountain to watch beside the fences. Kindly note that open alcohol is not permitted.
- Whistler Mountain Bike Park: RockShox Canadian Open DH, Official Whip-Off World Championships presented by POC, Crankworx Whistler Air DH, EWS Whistler -> Spectators with a bike and a Whistler Bike Park lift ticket can catch some of the action by riding down adjacent trails to view races. Spectators without a bike can catch the finish line in Skier’s Plaza. Kindly note that open alcohol is not permitted.
- Base 2 on Blackcomb Mountain: Specialized Dual Slalom Whistler, Ultimate Pump Track Challenge, CLIF Speed & Style Whistler -> Access this event at Blackcomb’s Base 2 via FREE access to the Excalibur Gondola. Upload is accessible to foot passengers from Skiers Plaza. There is also FREE parking at Blackcomb Base 2 in Lots 6 & 7.
- Whistler Olympic Plaza: Dirt Diaries presented by SWATCH, Deep Summer Photo Challenge -> Free spectators’ viewing at Whistler Olympic Plaza and bike valet will be available.
Whistler Mountain Bike Park Operations
- Trail Closures/Updates: The team at Whistler Mountain Bike Park will share details about daily trail closures in the Garbanzo zone and Peak zone on displays at the base of chairlifts, as well as on our Whistler Mountain Bike Park Facebook and Instagram page. Watch for daily Stories on what’s open, re-routes on trails and general information on how to ride the park safely here.
Be sure to check the RMOW parking site for the location of all parking lots in Whistler – Parking Map: Parking Map
Day Lot 2 will not be available for parking, as they will be home to the Crankworx Tech and Demo Zones. With that in mind, Lots 1, 3, 4, and 5 will be extra busy!
The Excalibur gondola (which joins Day Lots 6 & 7 on Blackcomb Mountain to Whistler Village) will be running during Crankworx. Parking in this area is free! Please note that Lot 8 will be closed.
This gondola will also enable you to access the action at Base 2 from Whistler Village. The gondola will be running on the following days/hours:
- Saturday, August 6: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 7: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Monday, August 8: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9: 9:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10: 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11: 8:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Friday, August 12: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Saturday, August 13: 10:30 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Sunday, August 14: 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
For details on all pro events, Kidsworx competitions, after-parties, and more, stay tuned to: https://www.crankworx.com/whistler/schedule/
Start List and Results
Want to know who’s dropping in, and what time? Or check in to see exact times for your favourite riders? Start lists and results are available here: https://www.crankworx.com/results/start-lists/
Events, Happenings and Parties
Daily pro racing is what attracts the eyeballs of the world to Crankworx Whistler, but what makes this event the ultimate is all the happenings that enable festival-goers to truly be a part of it. Giveaways and athlete signings at booths that line the Village Stroll for the Crankworx Expo. Free workshop offered by bike and component brands. Community trail days. And après sessions, and a party or two (ok, a few more than two). Highlights in 2022 include the return of the Adaptive MTB Jam Session, an opportunity for riders with varying mobility to experience mountain biking, Wednesday night’s rap show at Garfinkel’s featuring LIL MOINE, aka all-star Slopestyle mountain biker Tomas Lemoine, a community dig day with Freehub Trailworx presented by Soil Searching, and the Red Bull Joyride Official Afterparty feat Aminé @ Whistler Conference Centre.
Insider tip: Check the link above daily! New events are added throughout the festival.
Official 2022 Crankworx Whistler merchandise will be available in Mountain Square in Whistler Village, and is available for purchase online: https://ilabb.ca/collections/crankworx
Crankworx From Home
Crankworx Whistler will be live on Red Bull TV. So, if you’re not able to get into the action on site, follow along from home (and start planning your trip for next year).
We are stoked to share the exciting events and expo activations happening during Crankworx Whistler this summer. Sign up for our newsletter to stay in the loop on all you need to know during the festival. We’ve got some incredible giveaways planned during the festival you don’t want to miss!