PHOTOGRAPHY REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
Crankworx is looking for a photographer! If this sounds like you, we invite proposals through Wednesday, February 1, 2017
CRANKWORX WORLD TOUR
Request for Proposal
Crankworx is seeking an event photographer for its World Tour events in Rotorua, Les Gets, Innsbruck and Whistler.
Attend all four Crankworx events to shoot and deliver editorial and commercial photographs on behalf of the Crankworx festivals.
The photographer will provide journalistic-style shots, with minimal editing, to feed the website, press release funnel, social media portfolio, Pinkbike blog and future advertising needs of the brand. The photographer will report to the Communications and Marketing Manager for assignments, self-manage their day and meet deadlines as specified by the communications team on site. It will be expected that the photographer work together with the onsite communications team to ensure the needs of the day are met, and to provide input and ideas to make the social media output, communications program, advertising, website and general visual components of the Crankworx brand stronger wherever possible.
Assignments will include but not exclusively feed:
- The website –immediate shots of the podiums, which ideally go up within the half hour; shots of the event, which flip immediately before and after; a homepage image; video thumbnails; King and Queen shots; Series winner shots
- Press release—timeline for this is to have the video news release and photos of the winners out within a two hour timeframe
- Flickr album—20-30 photos that go up the evening of the event; this is our database for journalists and media outlets to download photos if they were not on site
- Pinkbike blog post—five to ten photos here to fill out the post; so five to ten of a specifically identified athlete.
- Instagram: 5-10 quality storytelling photos filed from the field for Instagram (ie the person needs to have a computer in the field and the equipment to transfer the photos from their camera to the laptop to communicate with the social media manager)
- Marketing: a strong database of identified athletes from partner brands
- Photos for the thumbnails of all video material for all channels
Copyright & Ownership
Crankworx will hold the rights to all photos shot in perpetuity, as does the photographer. Crankworx will be free to use any photos shot for the purposes of: website, advertising, social media and blogging, photo databank, and can give away the photos, free of charge, to any media outlet who signs onto Flickr to download the photos for editorial purposes only. Any brand wishing to use a photo shot by one of our photographers, regardless of whether they are a partner of the event or not, must negotiate directly with the photographer who holds the rights.
Rates & Charges
Please provide a detailed quote of your rates and charges to complete all four locations daily shooting needs.
Rates and proposals will not be shared with candidates and candidates will not be solicited to provide a counter offer, so please make sure to offer your best rate.
Experience, References & Samples
Candidates are asked to demonstrate their experience in shooting similar events. Candidates are asked to provide three (3) professional references, along with relevant contact information, with your proposal. Links to samples of your work.
Proposals can be submitted via Jennifer@Crankworx.com for consideration by end of day Wednesday, February 1. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.