What’s new and noteworthy in the realm of Crankworx this year? Check out our story ideas below for what’s happening across the tour and at each of our festivals.
Crankworx Whistler 2022
Crankworx Whistler is BACK
- Crankworx Whistler is back in 2022 after a two-year hiatus.
- 2022 will mark the 19th year of Crankworx competition, and the 17th edition of Crankworx Whistler (after two years of pandemic cancellations).
- Crankworx Whistler 2022 will reunite the Crankworx family (riders, media, industry, fans!) at the place where it all started: one of the world’s top lift-accessed mountain bike parks, and the global epicenter of mountain biking.
- In 2022, Crankworx Whistler will take place over 10 days, from Friday, August 5 to Sunday, August 14.
- Crankworx Whistler 2022 will include the return of EWS Whistler and Red Bull Joyride.
- In addition to pro racing and competition, fans can look forward to the return of all the festival elements they know and love, including amateur and CWNEXT racing, Kidsworx, cultural events, a buzzing village stroll, free events and workshops, a tech and demo zone, and nightly parties.
Red Bull Joyride celebrates 10 years
The iconic Slopestyle competition will be celebrating its 10th anniversary with a special course, including a fan-voted feature from Brandon Semenuk’s “REALM.”s to come.
Crankworx cultural showcases are back
2022 will see the return of the Dirt Diaries video competition and Deep Summer Photo Challenge, each celebrating and challenging mountain bike’s creatives to share their stories of riding in the Sea to Sky.
Adaptive racing showcased
2022 will see the return of adaptive events to Crankworx Whistler – details to come.
Grow Cycling Foundation and Crankworx
This year, Crankworx is excited to be hosting GROW Cycling who will be hosting their 3C Summit, an event that will bring six BIPOC cycling influencers to Whistler to experience the festival and showcase inclusive community building and career opportunities.