Kidsworx Sprint Warrior Downhill Race
Warrior Downhill is an opportunity for kids aged 8 to 12 years to take their riding up a notch and test themselves in a race environment.
All ages will be recorded as age at 31st December 2021.
The Kidsworx Warrior Downhill is a competitive downhill event for children born between 2009 to 2013.
COURSE INFORMATION: This race large step up in difficulty and competition from the Hipster Downhill and is designed to challenge even the most competent young shredders.
Taking place on the Sprint Warrior trail in the Skyline Mountain Bike Park, this trail is an intermediate to advanced graded trail. Starting off at an intermediate level at the top, before heading into the advanced bottom section with berms, step downs and jumps.
There will be three main features on the race trail that will be open for riders to ride; the GT Gap, a Table-Top and the Ladder Drop. Each feature will have alternate routes for less confident/skilled riders – please ensure that your child is capable of deciding which line they have the ability to ride safely in order to enter them in this race.
The fastest rider down the 1.5km trail wins.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ENTER THE SPRINT WARRIOR DH RACE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PARTICIPATION EVENT.
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
Registrations open 21 September 2021 10am NZST.
DATE: Saturday, 6 November 2021
TIME: 9:00am – 1:00pm
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN: Times and location for pre-registered competitors will be advertised once confirmed.
There will be designated practice, seeding and race times for this race.
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
- Age 8 – 10 boys (Born 2011 to 2013)
- Age 8 – 10 girls (Born 2011 to 2013)
- Age 11 – 12 boys (Born 2009 to 2010)
- Age 11 – 12 girls (Born 2009 to 2010)
(Where minimum numbers are not reached, amalgamations will be made)
Please note: proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Crankworx Rotorua podium medals will be awarded.
PRACTICE: Once the participant has their number plate, they may load the gondola and commence practice from the scheduled time. Please check the seeding run order. No rider may begin a practice run after practice time is over.
SEEDING: Every rider must complete a seeding run. There is only time for one seeding run. The seeding order will be based on time not gender.
RACE: The slowest seeded rider will start their race-run first, with pre-set intervals between each rider.
- This is a competitive event.
- All bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is compulsory.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are recommended.
- It is the responsibility of a rider to be at the start in time for their run. Failure to do this may result in a DQ.
- Rider are to self-load on to the gondola in an orderly fashion.
Please note: all participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx Rotorua.
Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park will be open over the week of Crankworx Rotorua. Bike Park schedule to be confirmed. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.