Kidsworx Hucks n’ Hooves Downhill Race
Hucks n’ Hooves Downhill is an opportunity for kids aged 8 to 12 years to take their riding up a notch and test themselves in a race environment.
All ages will be recorded as age at 31st December 2023.
The Hucks n’ Hooves Downhill is a competitive downhill event for children born between 2011 to 2015.
COURSE INFORMATION: This race steps up in difficulty and competition from the Hipster Downhill and is designed to challenge even the most competent young shredders.
Taking place on the Hucks n’ Hooves trail in the Skyline Mountain Bike Park. Hucks n’ Hooves is an intermediate jump track. Named for the massive amount of jumps (40) over its 1.6km length and the numerous deer prints that got laid into the track by some wandering stags. It has the signature Empire of Dirt flow and guaranteed to leave every rider with a smile. A fun track to ride a tough track to race! One of those tracks that gets more challenging the faster you go.
All jumps are table tops so can be ridden or jumped. Please ensure that your child has the ability to ride safely and is capable of being able to ride these jumps at speed. It’s a great fun track which becomes quite challenging when ridden fast.
The fastest rider down the 1.6km trail wins.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ENTER THE HUCKS N’ HOOVES DH RACE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PARTICIPATION EVENT.
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
Parents are permitted to ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN: Accreditation Office – Time TBC
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
- Age 8 – 10 boys (Born 2013 to 2015)
- Age 8 – 10 girls (Born 2013 to 2015)
- Age 11 – 12 boys (Born 2011 to 2012)
- Age 11 – 12 girls (Born 2011 to 2012)
(Where minimum numbers are not reached, amalgamations will be made)
Please note: proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Crankworx Rotorua podium medals will be awarded.
PRACTICE: Hucks n’ Hooves will be open throughout the Crankworx festival for the kids to practice on. There will be no designated practice time on the day of the race. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.
SEEDING: Every rider must complete a seeding run. There is only time for one seeding run. The seeding order will be based on time not gender.
RACE: The slowest seeded rider will start their race-run first, with pre-set intervals between each rider. If you miss your designated race time you may be disqualified.
- This is a competitive event.
- All bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is compulsory.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are recommended.
- It is the responsibility of a rider to be at the start in time for their run. Failure to do this may result in a DQ.
- Rider are to self-load on to the gondola in an orderly fashion.
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
Please note: all participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx Rotorua.
Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park will be open over the week of Crankworx Rotorua. Bike Park schedule to be confirmed. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.