Riders, get ready to master the maze and show the world what you’ve got. Over the years, Rotorua’s Pump Track has played host to some of the most epic battles of the festival, with racers taking to the track at sunset to battle for chainless supremacy. This ultimate stripped-down skill showcase sees competitors duel head-to-head, without a single pedal stroke, on a course which demands near-perfect flow and explosive force.
Invitational event – entries are invite only
Registration information will be shared in August 2021
WOMEN | Youth 13-14 [2007-2008]
WOMEN | Youth 15-16 [2005-2006]
WOMEN | Junior 17-18 [2003-2004]
MEN | Youth 13-14 [2007-2008]
MEN | Youth 15-16 [2005-2004]
MEN | Junior 17-18 [2003-2004]
Minimum age is 13 (year of birth 2008) as of December 31st, 2021
Main Pump Track course located at the base of Skyline Rotorua Gravity Park
For official rules please refer to the Crankworx World Tour Competition Rulebook HERE
- Time trial qualifiers format. A combined time of one run from each course will be taken. Time permitting, riders will have the option to do one rerun of either of their two runs. If, for whatever reason, a rider elects to do a rerun, that run-time will count, regardless of whether the previous time was better.
- Top 32 Pro Men and top 8 Pro Women advance to the elimination finals. Riders will be seeded for the dual elimination finals based on the time trial results.
- CWNEXT: Top 16 riders from each age category will be seeded for the dual elimination finals based on qualification results.
- Pro: minimum 26-inch wheels
- CWNEXT: minimum 24-inch wheels
- Full-face helmets are mandatory (any certified 1 or 2-piece)
- A maximum differential will be established, calculated as 10 per cent of the average seeding run time. A rider may lose a run by no more than the maximum differential.
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the last run is the overall winner of the heat
- Chainless format
- Safety recommendation: remove chain ring
Contact for more information: