Kidsworx Pump Track Race
The Pump Track Race is an opportunity for kids aged 8 – 12 years to test their skills in a race environment and on a world class pump track.
A sell out event in 2020, 2022 and 2023, the action heats up again as the Groms hit the track in a race designed to mirror the Rockshox Rotorua Pump Track Challenge presented by Torpedo7. Head-to-head competition will see the fastest 16 of each age group advance to dual elimination. Rounds whittle the field to eight, then four, before the final two competitors step up to the line to decide who will take home the crown.
This is a competitive event, for children born 2012 to 2016.
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ENTER THE PUMP TRACK RACE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PARTICIPATION EVENT.
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN : Accreditation Office – TBC
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
- Age 8 – 10 boys (Born 2012 to 2016)
- Age 8 – 10 girls (Born 2012 to 2016)
- Age 11 – 12 boys (Born 2012 to 2013)
- Age 11 – 12 girls (Born 2012 to 2013)
(Where minimum numbers are not reached, amalgamations will be made).
Please note: proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Crankworx Rotorua podium medals will be awarded.
PRACTICE: Once you have your plate on your bike, head through the main gates at Crankworx and head to the pump track. There is strictly 1 hour for practice.
TIMED TRIALS: All riders will complete a time trial (TT) on one side of the track. This will then seed the competitors for the elimination rounds.
ELIMINATION ROUNDS: Riders will go head-to-head with another rider, racing both sides of the course for a combined time. Only the fastest advances.
- Time trial (seeding)
- Round of 16 (number dependent)
- Quarter Finals
- Semi Finals
- Small Finals
- This is a competitive event.
- It is not mandatory for chains to be removed, but competitors will incur a time penalty for pedal movement. Judges decision is final.
- All bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front or rear brake. BMX Bikes are permitted.
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
Please note: All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket to Crankworx Rotorua.