Kidsworx Dual Slalom Race
The Dual Slalom Race is the perfect opportunity for competent, young riders to take their riding to the next level.
This is a competitive event, for children born 2009 to 2013.
You saw it last year. It’s now time for the kids to have a go on the world class Dual Slalom Track in an event designed to mirror the Specialized Dual Slalom Rotorua. Riders race in the knock-out style competition to see who will come out on top as the fastest rider. Then stick around and watch the pros tackle the same course later in the week!
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ENTER THE DUAL SLALOM RACE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY PARTICIPATION EVENTS.
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
Registrations open 21 September 2021 10am NZST.
DATE: Wednesday, 3 November 2021
TIME: 4:30pm – 7:30pm
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN: Times and locations will be advertised once confirmed.
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
- Age 8 – 10 boys (Born 2011 to 2013)
- Age 8 – 10 girls (Born 2011 to 2013)
- Age 11 – 12 boys (Born 2009 to 2010)
- Age 11 – 12 girls (Born 2009 to 2010)
Where minimum numbers are not reached, amalgamations will be made.
Please note: proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Crankworx Rotorua podium medals will be awarded.
PRACTICE: Once you have your plate on your bike, head through the main gates at Crankworx Rotorua and head to the Dual Slalom track.
TIMED TRIALS: All riders will complete a time trail (TT) on one side of the track. This will then seed the competitors for the elimination rounds.
ELIMINATION ROUNDS: Riders will go head-to-head with another rider racing both sides of the course for a combined time. Only the fastest advances.
- Time trial (seeding)
- Round of 16 (number dependent)
- Quarter Finals
- Semi Finals
- Small Finals
- This is a competitive event.
- All bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front or rear brake. BMX Bikes are permitted.
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
Please note: All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx Rotorua.
Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park will be open over the week of Crankworx Rotorua. Bike Park schedule to be confirmed. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.