Kidsworx Dual Slalom Challenge
Kidsworx Dual Slalom Challenge is an opportunity for kids aged 8 to 12 years to participate in a fun and non-competitive race environment.
This is an opportunity for young shredders to test their skills on the official Crankworx Rotorua Dual Slalom course in a safe and fun environment. Race against the clock as well as another rider in a safe and fun environment. This is a non-competitive event is a chance for kids between 8 and 12 years of age to test their skills on course without any of the competition pressures.
Then stick around and watch the pros tackle the same track later in the week!
Ages for Kidsworx Events will be recorded as age at 31st December 2024.
This is a participation event, for children born from 2012 to 2016.
Please note – IF YOU ENTER THE DUAL SLALOM CHALLENGE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY RACE EVENTS.
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN: Accreditation Office – Time TBC
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
CATEGORIES: Age 8 – 12 boys and girls mixed (Born 2012 to 2016)
Please note – proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Spot Prizes will be awarded.
- Although the riders are timed there is no official winner, this is a participation event.
- All Bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front or rear brake. BMX Bikes are permitted.
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
Please note: All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx Rotorua.
Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park will be open over the week of Crankworx Rotorua. Bike Park schedule to be confirmed. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.