“Pump for victory” is the name of the game at the Pump Track Challenge on the course at Bikepark Innsbruck. Competitors must complete the circular track without pedalling – all they are allowed to do to build up speed is use the power of their legs and arms to pump their bike up and down over the rollers and through berms. The first one to the finish wins that round, then both competitors swap sides to battle a second time. The rider with the highest average moves on to the next round.
Invitational event – entries are invite only
Main Pump Track course located at Bikepark Innsbruck
- Time trial qualifiers format. A combined time of one run from each course will be taken. Time permitting, riders will have the option to do one rerun of either of their two runs. If, for whatever reason, a rider elects to do a rerun, that run-time will count, regardless of whether the previous time was better.
- Top 32 Pro Men and top 8 Pro Women advance to the elimination finals. Riders will be seeded for the dual elimination finals based on the time trial results.
- Pro: minimum 26-inch wheels
- Full-face helmets are mandatory (any certified 1 or 2-piece)
- A maximum differential will be established, calculated as 10 per cent of the average seeding run time. A rider may lose a run by no more than the maximum differential.
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the last run is the overall winner of the heat
- Chainless format
- Safety recommendation: remove chain ring
Contact for more information: