Kidsworx Hipster Downhill Challenge
Hipster Downhill is an opportunity for kids aged 6 to 12 years to participate in a fun and non-competitive race environment.
Ages for Kidsworx Events will be recorded as age at 31st December 2021.
Hipster Downhill is a Participation Downhill Event for children born between 2009 to 2015.
Be a part of the action in the timed, non-competitive Hipster Downhill event on the Skyline Rotorua Gravity Park’s most popular trail. Kids from 6-12years are invited to take the gondola to the top of the mountain and drop into the chiseled berms of this flowy, enduro-style run, which finishes in the heart of the action. Hipster is long enough to be a true test of skill and endurance.
Parents are permitted to ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
Please note – IF YOU ENTER THE HIPSTER DOWNHILL CHALLENGE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE SPRINT WARRIOR RACE EVENT
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
CATEGORIES: Age 6-12 boys and girls mixed (Born 2009 to 2015).
Please note – proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Spot Prizes will be awarded.
REGISTRATION: Entry is limited. Pre-registration is mandatory.
All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket for Crankworx Rotorua.
COURSE INFORMATION: Hipster Downhill is a Participation based event on a 1.2km long, grade 3 track with no features. Adults may ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
- All Bikes must be Fit-For-Purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and Knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back Protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There is no practice allowed directly prior to this event.
- Rider are to self-load on to the gondola in an orderly fashion.
- Although the riders are timed there is no official winner, this is a Participation Event.
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
NOTE: all participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx.