Kidsworx Hipster Downhill Challenge
Hipster Downhill is an opportunity for kids aged 6 to 12 years to participate in a fun and non-competitive race environment.
Ages for Kidsworx Events will be recorded as age at 31st December 2020.
Hipster Downhill is a Participation Downhill Event for children born between 2008 to 2014.
Be a part of the action in the timed, non-competitive Hipster Downhill event on the Skyline Rotorua Gravity Park’s most popular trail. Kids from 6-12years are invited to take the gondola to the top of the mountain and drop into the chiseled berms of this flowy, enduro-style run, which finishes in the heart of the action. Hipster is long enough to be a true test of skill and endurance.
Parents are permitted to ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
Please note – IF YOU ENTER THE HIPSTER DOWNHILL CHALLENGE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR THE SPRINT WARRIOR RACE EVENT
DATE: Friday 6 March 2020
TIME: 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
CATEGORIES: Age 6-12 boys and girls mixed (Born 2008 to 2014).
Please note – proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Spot Prizes will be awarded.
REGISTRATION: Entry is limited. Pre-registration is mandatory.
COST: Entry is $10 to participate in this Kidsworx Event.
All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket for Crankworx. Purchase a ticket here.
COURSE INFORMATION: Hipster Downhill is a Participation based event on a 1.2km long, grade 3 track with no features. Adults may ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
For the latest news, event updates, results and photos join our Facebook Event.
|Friday, 6th March|
|3:30 pm – 5:30 pm||Race|
- All Bikes must be Fit-For-Purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and Knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back Protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There is no practice allowed directly prior to this event.
- Rider are to self-load on to the gondola in an orderly fashion.
- Although the riders are timed there is no official winner, this is a Participation Event.
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
NOTE: all participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx.