Kidsworx Hipster Downhill Challenge
Hipster Downhill is an opportunity for kids aged 6 to 12 years to participate in a fun and non-competitive race environment.
Ages for Kidsworx Events will be recorded as age at 31st December 2021.
Hipster Downhill is a Participation Downhill Event for children born between 2009 to 2015.
Be a part of the action in the timed, non-competitive Hipster Downhill event on the Skyline Rotorua Gravity Park’s most popular trail. Kids from 6-12years are invited to take the gondola to the top of the mountain and drop into the chiseled berms of this flowy, enduro-style run, which finishes in the heart of the action. Hipster is long enough to be a true test of skill and endurance.
Parents are permitted to ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
Please note: IF YOU ENTER THE HIPSTER DOWNHILL CHALLENGE EVENT YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ANY RACE EVENTS
Event Entry: Spaces are limited, so you will need to pre-register.
Registrations open 21 September 2021 10am NZST.
DATE: Sunday, 7 November 2021
TIME: 9:30am – 11:30am
LOCATION: Skyline Rotorua
CHECK IN: Times and locations for registered competitors will be advertised once confirmed.
Please note: Due to the complexities of the number of events taking place and the reliance on weather, the schedule is subject to change.
CATEGORIES: Age 6-12 boys and girls mixed (Born 2009 to 2015).
Please note: proof of birth may be requested by race officials.
PRIZES: Spot Prizes will be awarded.
FORMAT: Once you have your plate correctly attached to your bike, head to the Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park gondola entrance. All participants will need to be at the start coral area by 9:15am. All participants will complete one timed run down the Hipster DH course. There is a start order which is as per your plate number. If you are not there in time you will not get to complete your run.
COURSE INFORMATION: Hipster Downhill is a Participation based event on a 1.2km long, grade 3 track with no features. Adults may ride in the gondola with the participating child, however riding the course is not permitted.
- All Bikes must be fit-for-purpose and in good working condition.
- All bikes must have an operational front and rear brake. (No BMX Bikes)
- By New Zealand law, all riders must have an Aus/NZ approved helmet on, at all times when riding a bike, with the chin strap done up. Failure to wear a helmet may result in a DQ.
- Elbow and knee protection is highly recommended.
- Back protection and a full-face helmet are optional (but recommended).
- There is no practice allowed directly prior to this event.
- Riders are to self-load on to the gondola in an orderly fashion.
- Although the riders are timed, there is no official winner as this is a Participation Event.
- There will be NO protest heard for this event.
Please note: All participants and spectating family members must have a general admission ticket into Crankworx Rotorua.
Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park will be open over the week of Crankworx Rotorua. Bike Park schedule to be confirmed. All riders wishing to ride the trails will require a Skyline Rotorua Mountain Bike Park pass.