|Wednesday, 17th May|
|9:00 am – 4:00 pm||Track Walk|
|Thursday, 18th May|
|8:00 am – 11:30 am||Group A Training|
|12:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Group B Training|
|Friday, 19th May|
|8:00 am – 11:30 am||Group A Training|
|12:00 pm – 4:30 pm||Group B Training|
|Saturday, 20th May|
|8:00 am – 12:00 pm||Group B Training|
|12:30 pm – 2:30 pm||Group A Training|
|2:45 pm – 3:45 pm||Group A Seeding Runs|
|Sunday, 21st May|
|8:00 am – 9:15 am||Group B Training|
|9:30 am – 11:30 am||Group B Finals|
|12:30 pm – 1:45 pm||Group A Training|
|2:00 pm – 3:00 pm||Group A Finals|
|3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Group A Finals|
2024 DH Technical Guide – Coming Soon
2024 Registration Date: Coming Soon. Please check back in the coming months
Registration Deadline: TBC
To view your athlete profile and to register, please login into the Crankworx Registration Platform
Entry fees are refundable (less processing fee) providing cancellation notice is received in writing to email@example.com by the registration deadline. Registration deadline is TBC at 11:59pm AEST. All entries are non-refundable or transferable after the registration deadline (even in the case of injury or mechanical problems).
Competitors who need to withdraw after the registration deadline should email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their withdrawal otherwise they will appear on the start list as a DNS.
ATHLETE CHECK IN / RIDERS OFFICE
Front of the venue (Smithfield Bike Park)
MEN | Elite
WOMEN | Elite
MEN | U15 [2010-2011] Vetting for the U15 will be required. Follow up emails will be sent after registration.
MEN | U17 [2008-2009]
MEN | U19 [2006-2007]
MEN | Senior 19-34 [1990-2005]
MEN | Master 35-39 [1985-1989]
MEN | Veteran 40+ [1984+]
WOMEN | U15 [2010-2011] Vetting for the U15 will be required. Follow up emails will be sent after registration.
WOMEN | U17 [2008-2009]
WOMEN | U19 [2006-2007]
WOMEN | Senior 19+ [2005+]
The RockShox Downhill Cairns is sanctioned by the UCI and AusCycling as a C1 race. All categories will require a race license.
Competitors in the Elite and U19 categories require a 2024 UCI license issued by their national federation.
Competitors in the U15, U17, Senior, Master and Veteran categories require either a UCI license issued by their national federation or a 2024 AUSCycling license (Race Off Road or Race All Discipline Membership).
One-day race licenses are not available for this race.
Group A = U19 and Elite categories
Group B = U15, U17, Senior, Master and Veteran categories
There is a mandatory training requirement for the event. Minimum 2 training runs must be completed during the scheduled training sessions and verified by a commissaire. Riders who have not completed the training runs during the scheduled training sessions won’t be allowed to start in Finals or the Seeding Run (Elite and U19 Only).
Riders must start all training runs at the official start gate.
Finals Only, 1 Run for the following categories: U15, U17, Senior, Master and Veteran categories
Seeding Run & Finals for Elite and U19
Seeding Runs are for the Elite and U19 categories only.
Seeding Runs are mandatory. If a rider does not start for the seeding run, they will not be placed in the start list to race in finals.
Start order for finals for the Elite and U19 categories will be determined by the results of Saturday’s Seeding Runs.
Timing for the DH race will include laser timing for start and finish times and timing chips for on-course split times.
- Elite & U19 competitors will have timing chips for Seeding & Finals
- U15, U17, Senior, Master and Veteran will having timing chips for Finals
- Athletes will receive their Timing Chips at the shuttle pick up at the bottom and be expected to mount the Timing Chips to their bikes with two zip ties, provided by the race organizers
- Athletes are responsible for ensuring their Timing Chip remains on their bike during the race, and gets returned to a race official in the finish corral before leaving the race
- If an athlete does not return a Timing Chip that has been allocated to them, they will be responsible for getting the Timing Chip to the race organizer after the festival or will be subject to a replacement fee of 80.00 EUR
Racers in the RockShox Downhill Cairns will be subject to mandatory protection requirements as per AusCycling Technical regulations
Per AusCycling technical regulations the following safety equipment is required for downhill racers:
• Full-Face helmet with a fixed non-detachable mouth piece,
• A jersey shall be a long-sleeved shirt whose sleeves extend down to the rider’s wrist.
• Knees must be covered by full-length trousers and /or self-fastening knee or knee/shin guards expressly designed for off-road cycling
For U15/U17 categories, the following equipment is mandatory at all times whilst on track:
• Full finger gloves must be worn,
• Full length jersey – jersey must cover elbows at all times
• Knee pads and elbow pads must be worn.
AusCycling strongly recommends the use of the following for all competitors:
• Neck brace expressly designed for off-road competition;
• Back and shoulder protection expressly designed for purpose;
• Full finger gloves
• Elbow protectors and/or long sleeve jersey to the wrist;
• Googles expressly designed for the purpose.