Registration: This is an invitational event featuring a number of the Slopestyle riders as well as some of the top World Cup DH and BMX racers.
Course: Base of Skyline Rotorua Gravity Park
- Time trial qualifiers format. A combined time of one run from each course will be taken. Time permitting, riders will have the option to do one rerun of either of their two runs. If, for whatever reason, a rider elects to do a rerun, that run-time will count, regardless of whether the previous time was better.
- Top 32 men and top 8 women advance to the elimination finals. Riders will be seeded for the dual elimination finals based on the time trial results.
- Minimum 26-inch wheels
- Helmets are mandatory (full-face is optional)
- A maximum differential will be established, calculated as 10 per cent of the average seeding run time. A rider may lose a run by no more than the maximum differential.
- Start Procedure : rear wheel must be touching the rack on the start deck. Reaction start using a bungee gate.
- In the event of a tie, the winner of the last run is the overall winner of the heat
- No pedalling permitted once the bike leaves the wood deck. Pedal strokes during the race will result in disqualificiation.
Prize Money: $6000 NZD
Men: $1500 | 2nd $1000 | 3rd $500
Women: $1500 | 2nd $1000 | 3rd $500
Categories (NB: these are only the prize categories.)
Contact for more information: